Sunday, June 29, 2008

Week 3 Wrap-Up

Doing pretty well. Half the Calo Verde is gone. Bringing the last two portions to work with me for lunch this week.

We had dinner with friends on Friday and brought Mustard Greens salad with roasted beets, roasted turnips, and carrots with a vinaigrette. The sweet beets complemented the mustard greens, but the buttermilk ranch was better than the vinaigrette (but I thought ranch and beets was yucky). Next time, we'll make a cold vegetable side of root vegetables and let the greens stand more or less alone.

Usually I discard beet greens... which is funny, because I'm a big fan of collards.... but in the spirit of things, I wilted them at the same time I was making the soup and sauteed them with some garlic. This evening they'll go into a quiche with feta and pine nuts for my wife's lunch bunch.

The last of the strawberries went into the blender along with a half pineable and into the freezer to make some awesome popsicles.

And with that... can't wait till Weds.

No comments: